Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a New Year!

Happy 2009!
Matt and I had a wonderful Christmas break with friends and family! The best gift of Christmas this year was my mom's cancer-free diagnosis!! She has a clean bill of health and is able to return to pre-cancer activities.
While at home over break we were also able to get some things done around the house. We painted the living room and kitchen, painted the half-bath, added hardware to the kitchen cabinets, changed out 6 light fixtures, and all the doorknobs in the house. I had no idea how many doorknobs were in our house until we went to change them all!! There's still a list of things we would like to do but those will have to wait until the next break. I will work on getting some before and after pictures on the blog soon.

4 comments:

thegroves said...

YAY for your mom! That's wonderful news!!!

Rusty and Julie said...

Rusty and I are so happy about your mom. That is awesome! :)

Jen said...

Hello, Cherrys!!! We are so glad to her about your mom- that is AWESOME news!!!
Happy 2009!
Love,
the Zinks

Marcella said...

I am thrilled to hear that Babette is clear of cancer. Send her our praises! Sounds like I need you to visit me...I need to do more painting. I just need to send my kids on vacation so that I can get everything done. Maybe, I get to see the house in person next week.