Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Back to Schooooool!!!

It's that time of year again! Time to buy school supplies, get new "teaching" clothes, and prepare to impact children's educational paths for the next 39 weeks.The funny thing is I think I get as excited about new Sharpies every year as my students do for new pencils and backpacks.
Matthew and I have spent the last few days getting our classrooms as well as our attitudes ready for another school year. It's hard to get back in gear after having so much time off. I know we should be grateful because people with "real" jobs only get a few weeks a year...but still! When consulting Matthew on this blog update his only statement was, "School's starting, life sucks."

1 comment:

Marcella said...

I can so relate! I have made it to Fall Break or Saving Teacher Sanity Week as I like to call it. I have enjoyed my first offical day off. I told Brian that I felt like I had ADHD all day. Starting one thing and then jumping to something new. So much on my list to get accomplished and only a few days to do it in. The crazy thing is that most of the things on my list involve school. Go figure!